Monday, March 26, 2012

Young Women's Broadcast

Last Saturday Night I went to the YW Broadcast with my eldest daughter for the second time. She has been in YW (Young Women's) for a little over a year now and I can hardly believe how lovely and grown up my teen is becoming. Me and #1 went to find a needed skirt before hand and had a fun "Mommy Daughter Date" and then went to the broadcast after. I was touched by the speakers and the spirit there. I was touched by the notes #1 took and by her goodness. She is so willing to be and do good. It was a wonderful moment with my girl and made me realize a few things. First, I don't take enough time to be one on one with my girls. Second, I don't make enough time for my faith and so my soul is a little dehydrated. I have been in survival mode most of last year and am slowly coming out of it. It was so wonderful to have time with my girl to bond and to be uplifted. I was specifically touched by our prophet's words, President Thomas S. Monson. If any of you have teens, go be uplifted by this wonderful man. I am so excited to sit and listen to General Conference coming up this weekend. "Church in your jammie's," as hubby calls it!

No comments:

Post a Comment