Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Cookies make me a monster...

I do turn into the cookie monster when I eat cookies because I want to eat them ALLLLLLL....Good thing I over cooked the last batch tonight and am not so tempted by the rocks! I made these today for a ladies lunch and they seemed to go over well. I got them from a magazine but I didn't write down when or where....Too many years ago.  Go make your kids a lunch treat. Here you go:


Good-For-You Choc-Oat-Chip Cookies (although I think they are only good for your mood! Just because you put oatmeal with a cookie, doesn't make healthy...It's not going to cure your fungus or help lower your blood pressure. But, YUM - if you don't add too much flour...)

1 3/4 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 c brown sugar, packed
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c marg - 1 stick
1/2 c unsweet applesauce
2 egg whites
1 TB vanilla
2 1/2 c oats - quick or old fashion
2 c (12 oz) chocolate chips
1/2 c nuts (optional)


Do the stuff you normally do with cookies.

The recipe says:  Combine flour, soda, cinn and salt in small bowl. Beat brown sugar, sugar, marg and applesauce in mixer till smooth. Beat in egg whites and vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture. Stir in oats, chips and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for 9-10 minutes. Cool on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes and then move to cooling racks.

What I usually do is put all the stuff together until I get to the wet stuff. Dump the dry stuff out of the mixer and into a bowl, add the wet, add back in the dry, forget the eggs, put them in, add too much flour and always burn the last batch or two. ALWAYS.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment